MY CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE

13:11



Hey loves. Been wanting to do this post for quite a while as it has been requested by many of you, but I wanted to be sure I was not going to subtract or add anything to my current regimen. Anyway, in the event that I do, just note that this is my CURRENT skincare routine. Very simple and easy. I was never one to do much to my skin
and I never really battled chronic acne, spots or anything of that nature except of course the regular ones that come with the monthly visitor. But recently I've been drawn to adopt a religious skincare routine because lets face it, skin care is KEY! I'm focusing on night time because that is when I have the time to do all of this and of course that is when my face is at its dirtiest after all the sweat, grime and makeup throughout the day. I never use these products all at the same time though, it all depends on what my skin needs at that moment. I'll explain further below. Let's get right to it.

You can see all the prices and where to get these products down below.

  • First of all, because my skin cries for moisture when I get home from a long day, I can't wait to get my hands on my makeup wipes. I use them to take off all the makeup on my face. This also soothes my skin, I love the feeling. Currently using this one by Beauty Formulas and still loving it.


  • Then I take the Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser which is like a gel substance with a creamy base. I apply this all over my face with my palms going in round motions and making sure to reach down to my neck. Afterwards, I rinse it off with warm water.




  •  I try to exfoliate only once a week but depending on how my skin feels, I could go twice. On days I do this, I skip the Mary Kay cleanser above, just so that my skin doesn't feel overwhelmed with products. I'm using the Petal Fresh Invigorating Aloe & Apricot Facial Scrub at the moment, so far so good.




  • Whenever those annoying zits pop out on my face, I use the Neutrogena Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit. It clears up my face by the following morning or two plus the scent is amazing. This is one of my current favourites. I love it.


  • Then, I use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Facial Wash taking it in round motions too and properly deep cleansing my skin. This helps to get out any other oils left over from my makeup. When I'm all done, I rinse as well and pat my face dry with a face towel.



  • Afterwards, I moisturize a little bit, just a little bit with this Bath & Body Works Lotion. I usually don't like to bring back too much of those oils I tried so hard to take out. Reason is I have Oily/Combination skin.




  •  And then, I SLEEP. Lol. In the mornings, I don't do much. I only wash my face with the Neutogena Oil-Free Facial Wash again and I'm good to go. And oh, incase you're thinking I use some glowing soap to take a shower? Think again. I'm loyal to my holy grail St Ives Body Wash. Been using this product for years and I love it especially the citrus scents.


So there you have it. Less is more when it comes to skin care. Try not to use too many products at once so you don't put your skin under so much pressure and I'm sure you'll end up with healthy, glowing, radiant skin.

Product List
Beauty Formulas Cool Moist Cucumber Cleansing Wipes- NGN700. Get at H-Medix, Shoprite or any good cosmetic store near you.
Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser - Gifted. Get here or any good cosmetic store near you.
Petal Fresh Invigorating Aloe & Apricot Facial Scrub - NGN1,000. Get at Passion Trust Supermarket or any good cosmetic store near you.
Neutrogena Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit - NGN2,750. Get at Shoprite or get here
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Facial Wash - NGN2,300. Get at Sahad Stores, Shoprite or any good cosmetic store near you.
Bath & Body Works Paris Amour Body Lotion - Gifted. Similar here
St Ives Body Wash- NGN1,100. Get from Shoprite, Sahad Stores or any good cosmetic store near you.



Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️



You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Hi Alma, i wanna be like you when i grow up. No wonder you are shining like the morning star, lol. This is my first time commenting on your blog but i am not a stranger to you, chao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx for the tips alma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post.
    Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!

    Also visit my web-site - Nu Derm Clear Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. My face is a mess right now, thanks sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips. I wanna try the mary kay :)

    www.DianeFnk.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple of ppl hav tlkd abt d St Ives, hearing it 4rm u I guess I'll try it, used d facial scrub sm yrs back doh, will also change 2 d cucumber face wipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey alma.this is my first time here and I would love to say that you are doing a good job.your steps are easy to follow and quite personalized. Weldone boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great products. I've been using some of my facial products from a year ago...i think my face has buitlt a form of resistance to them. I've been thinking of changing my products, I think I'll start with the Mary kay brand...and check out other options in my favourite beauty shop. Great post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Alma for this lovely post. Have really been looking for something like this, can a dark skin person use the Bath & Body works paris Armour lotion? cos u re light skin. Pls keep up
    with the good work. Many tnx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alma,
    Pls do u still use the "Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Facial Wash"? Pls where have u bought it from recently in Abuja?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!