FIVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS I WILL NEVER RE-PURCHASE

14:50



So, today is rant day on the blog. The same way I have products I love is the same way I have some I can't stand. Some of these products have their advantages and I will not fail to highlight them. Please bear in mind that this is not to bash any brand as I have other products from these brands which I absolutely love. However, these are my honest opinions about these particular products and I strongly believe that what doesn't work for me may still work for some of you. So, have that in mind. Let's get to it.



1. Elf Poreless Primer- I was on the hunt for a good primer a while back and I came across this Elf primer online. I hesitated getting it because I don't have enlarged pores and as such will not benefit much from a 'poreless' primer. Eventually I did and I simply hate it. The scent alone is so annoying. I later found out that this was as a result of one of the ingredients which is Tea Tree. Its a very strong minty kinda smell. No doubt, this product gives your foundation a smooth and flawless application but honey, check out your face in the mirror in an hour or two and you would find it looking like you bathed in vegetable oil. Its so annoying to think that this product is supposed to keep your face matte. Matte what?? Please! I find myself touching up my face with powder every other second. The only way I'm using this till I run out of it is by mixing it with other primers. THIS, I am never repurchasing.



2. L.A Girl Pro HD Setting Powder- My love for makeup and beauty will not lead me into stray lands. I don't know who sent me to buy this powder sef. I didn't need it as I was only curious to know what the hype of a HD powder was all about. I love the look of the packaging but I totally did not like the fact that I almost spilled all the contents in a bid to open it. Why? The powder is way too sheer and the holes from which the product is meant to be deposited are just too big. I know it is supposed to be a translucent powder but its just way too sheer without any weight. I love my powders to have a little bit of weight and this just doesn't do it for me. In order to use this till I run out, I usually mix it with another powder when I'm setting my concealer. It is quite mattifying with a velvety smooth feel but I'm definately not buying again, no time for stress.



3. Black Opal Boldacious Lengths Mascara- I was on my last tube of mascara and was looking for a replacement when I came across this Black Opal Mascara in a beauty store. I quickly purchased and I was disappointed at first use. It is nothing compared to my holy grail mascaras. The wand is just too fat and this does not allow it separate my lashes well enough. Its supposed to provide volume and length but I can't say that it does any of that. The bristles are also way too far apart. I always have to use another lengthening mascara before using this one to top it off. Once I feel like the tube is near empty, I'm tossing it into the bin never to be bought again.



4. Seventeen 18-hour Stay Time Concealer- I picked up this concealer at Boots during my last holiday and I was really feeling like I had snagged something good. I didn't test it out in the store because for some reason there were no testers, I was just hoping I could make it work. Alas, I found out the hard way. This product does nothing to conceal my blemishes or under eyes. Why say a concealer lasts 18 hours? Who even wears makeup for 18 hours? Like really? Maybe it works for other people but it just doesn't work for me. I think I got the shade wrong in the first place, the formula is watery and I always have to mix it with the L.A Girl Pro Concealer for a good finish. Did they say this is full coverage??? Lol, I can't wait to get it off my makeup rack.



5. NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipstick in ' Sparkling Satin'- Yes, the name says it all, sparkle sparkle sparkle. Eww! Don't worry I didn't buy it, I actually received it as part of a giveaway and from day one I've always stayed clear of it just like a plague. The colour is too light, the finish is too frosty and the sparkle is completely insane. The product is very sheer and doesn't last on the lips, instead it leaves behind a trail of glitter which I find so annoying. I've done everything to make this work, used lip liners and all, I just don't like it. Infact, I'm giving this out right now. Maybe another colour in this collection would work but this particular one is a no-no for me.


Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comment section below. 

Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️



You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Fortunately I've not tried any of the above yet. I'm in my Zaron comfort zone and loving it. Thanks for the heads up Alma. Interesting write up too. And forgot to add your makeup game is strong #proudsquader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm such a Zaron fan though I don't own many products from the brand. I know how much you love it too. Thanks sissy for all the great compliments. Mwaaah.

      Delete
  2. That lipstick is so frosty. Maybe it would work as the lighter shade when doing an ombré lip. Or with some lipgloss on top. I dunno. I haven't tried any of the products you mentioned but there was a timber wanted to get the l.a.girl hd powder just because. Thank God I've seen your post. I'm so crossing it off my "want list"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I tried everything under the sun with that lippie, it just never looked nice. Oh yea, run from the LA Girl powder. Flee! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Love your expressions in the photos♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your first photo and your face, thanks for your review of these. I am not a sparkle girl either, thank God it was a giveaway lipstick
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool. Thank you Rachel. Yup, too much sparkle sucks.

      Delete
  5. Great expressions. I love the reviews and I also great as ELf seems good for brushes but not for someof the makeup. I dont do shimmer.. myself. Thanks for stopping by, please come each week!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. Prefer Elf brushes to many of their products too.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. I also have made the experience that some mascara don't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nyx diamond sparkle can be used as highlighter ESP for your complexion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about it at the time. My bad!

      Delete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!