TOP FAVOURITES OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2015

16:08



Hey guys! Happy New Year and welcome to 2016. This post is coming soooo late, I know! December was such a crazily busy but beautiful month for me. Jesse and I had our traditional wedding back at my hometown. It was simply beautiful and breathtaking filled with all the love you can possibly imagine. We had so much support from our families and friends and we cannot wait to turn up again in a few months for our church/white wedding. Stay tuned to my social media pages to see all the beautiful official photos thanks to Gabriel Uko Photography. I am still waiting on it too and its such a heart wrenching wait but its so going to be worth it. In the meantime, you can follow me on Instagram to see a few photos captured by our family and friends.


On to today's post, there are a ton of stuff I have been loving all through the last quarter of 2015 and I couldn't wait to share as always. I had to even struggle to narrow my list to seven items.


ASOS Faux fur pink sequin sandals


Can we talk about these gorgeous shoes please?? I saw them on Youtuber Patricia Bright and when she hinted she got them on Asos, I knew I had to have them. My traditional wedding was around the corner and I needed something pink and cute to match my first outfit. The day I ordered this, there was a half price reduction. Ha! I didn't need any more confirmation that it was meant to be mine. On arrival, I loved it even more, so gorgeous. The combination of fur and glitter gave my feet a wow effect and need I say I got awesome compliments at the wedding plus it looked fantastic in pictures..I can't even wait to see the professional shots. Y'all have been leaving comments on my Instagram so now you know where I got them. You don't have to kill yourself to wear Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo shoes as a bride, abeg! This was a great and affordable purchase and will come in handy for new blog posts. One of my favorite bloggers, Ada styled it here



Where to buy: ASOS here
Price: I got it for £27.00 but its even cheaper now!!!


Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup Powder


This is another case of 'a Youtuber made me buy it'. I was on my own using a regular setting powder 'jeje' when I caught Jackie Aina raving about this particular product in her recent videos. Infact every beauty vlogger is currently raving about it. My excuse was that it probably was not available in Nigeria. Then MyMakeupNG started stocking it and I ran out of excuses. It was my first time ordering from the site and I loved their services, quick delivery and products in good condition. The powder is exactly what a setting powder should be. It is translucent with a yellow under-tone. I use it to set the concealer I apply under my eyes and other parts of the face I apply concealer. It is very smooth and finely milled meaning it doesn't keep your face looking cakey at all. I have never used the Ben Nye Banana Powder but I hear that the Sacha Buttercup Powder is a hundred times better. Definately a must try if you ask me.



Where to buy: My Makeup NG here
Price: NGN4,000


NYC Sun 'n' Bronze Highlighter in 'Heat Wave'


I'm trying to grow my highlighter kit. Currently I have about six and this product from NYC is one of them. I stumbled on this one of those window shopping days and I thought to try it out. I love the fact that the pigmentation is subtle. When used dry, it gives a subtle glow but when I wet the product or my fan brush, it makes the golden undertone pop some more. I'm used to champagne coloured highlighters so this is a little different being that is a bit more golden. Love it.




Where to buy: Jumia. Unfortunately out of stock. You can get here
Price: NGN1,200



Jordana Lipstick in 'Coral Flame'


Who knew Jordana had some rare gems? I obviously didn't. The brand has been giving me serious life recently and thank you to Sahad Stores for setting up a Jordana stand recently. This has been my everyday lipstick for a while now and you're about to know why. This colour is in between a hot pink and a coral colour. I've never seen anything like it. The consistency of the lipstick is very good, it applies creamy but has a matte finish. I love love love the scent, its smells like 'FRUIT'. I'm going to try out a bunch of other products from Jordana in a bit. I'm wearing this lipstick in the cover photo above so scroll back up.



Where to buy: Sahad Stores or any beauty store near you
 Price: NGN700


L.A Girl Gel Liner in Black


So I've tried liquid liners and pen liners, the only thing left was to try gel liners. The Inglot 77 gel liner has been calling my name but I have refused to answer. I picked this one from L.A Girl just to try it out and I absolutely love it. Why haven't I joined the gel liner group all along? This product came in a good package with a liner brush. I have to say that the liner brush is all I use to apply this. It goes on creamy and dries matte. For me, it is way easier using this to create a winged liner plus the pigmentation is insane. Very black! This liner comes in dark brown too and I'm hoping to try that soon as well.




Where to buy: Sahad Stores or any good cosmetic store
Price: NGN1,500



Elf Mist and Set Spray


So many products I tried out for the first time this quarter. A setting spray is one of them. Yes, I'm one of those girls who finishes off her makeup with powder without setting it with a spray. Lol! Yes, the price of garri is still the same. But yea, I wanted to try one so I got this one from Elf. Once again, Jackie Aina swears by this spray even more than high end ones, what better reason to purchase. The glow that this tiny liquid in a bottle give my face makeup ehn? You know what, lets not talk about this, just buy and see for yourself.


Where to buy: Jumia. Get here . Price went up but blame it on the dollar rate. Lol.
Price: NGN2,000


Biocoten Anti-Eczematous Cream


Yes, its that same Biocoten cream many of you have in your houses. Yes, that one. That one that costs 200 naira in chemists and 400 naira in pharmacies. Yes, that one that everyone's grandma has. Yes, Yes, Yes. During the last couple of months, I was breaking our badly, as one zit is healing another one is popping out plus they were leaving behind ugly black spots I couldn't stand. I blamed wedding planning, my hormones, my beddings, my makeup, brushes, everything I could blame but nothing was happening. So a colleague told me about this. I was skeptical because asides my normal skin care routine, I wasn't used to putting anything else on my face. Especially not creams for eczema if I don't need it. But I tell you, I used this for a week, morning and night AND.....!! you know the rest. This is plainly a miracle in a tube and it will always be in my vanity space for a long time to come.


Where to buy: Any pharmacy around you.
Price: Between NGN200 And NGN400.

So as usual my loves, let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you think about them. Also, this is a new year and I'm taking suggestions on what you will want to see on the blog. Send me a mail or leave a comment below.





Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


All personal photographs and pictorials are owned by www.thestylecheapskate.blogspot.com (Water marked or not……Except otherwise stated) and they may NOT be used in any way without prior consent of the author. Legal actions would be taken.

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Wow...Happy NEW Year,and congrats on your Traditional wedding, Would try the lipstick being trying to get a good product or better still get one for me.....Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Modesta and a very happy new year to you too. Yea pls do. Just visit the jordana stand on the cosmetic floor of Sahad Stores. You will have loads of options.

      Delete
  2. Interesting summary! I particularly looove Jordana lippies The egg plant colour is amazing!!! Also their concealer is just great. Got them from sahad too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimee, oh that makes it two of us then. I should try more colours of the lippie and that 2-in-1 foundation/concealer has been on my mind too.

      Delete
  3. Sweetie congrats once more. I especially love your piece about the shoes. You dont need to break the bank to get married regardless you would still be married. Keep doing what you do girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly girl, spot on! Thank you so much hun and thank you for your encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Lovely post and congrats again hun best of luck in white planning. I ll love to try the Sasha powder since u say it's good. I just started to use the Ben Nye Banana powder but wud love to compare it to others n stick to the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. All the best too, we are both on the same page. Oh yea u shud totally try it. Let me know what you think afterwards.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your traditional marriage Alma and happy new year to you. I have been hearing about that sasha setting powder, Nikki perkins had such glowing praise for it in her makeup video, now that you have endorsed it too, I am definitely getting it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ify, thank you so much for the congratulatory messages. Yes I totally recommend it. Its the real deal.

      Delete
  6. Such cute pumps! Love the fluff!
    Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish!
    - Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those heels are to die for!! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! That's so amazing :) I also love those shoes, they are perfection. Thanks for linking up with me and I'll be pinning to the linkup board :)

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great products!
    'running off to Asos to get those pink shoes'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope u were able to find it in stock??

      Delete
  10. Great products ! I love the shoes ! stunning :)

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!