OBSESSED WITH DUKE + REVIEW

16:03



I'm obsessed with this lip stain from the Sleek Studio Collection called DUKE which I purchased a few months ago. There are a bunch of other shades in their lip stain collection but I fell in love with this dark vampy purple shade after seeing it on Chidinma of ThatIgboChick. The colour might be a bit too much for some of you but I'm sure you can make it work either ways. I had so much fun creating this look. It is very quick and simple with subtle eyes being that the lips are the focus point.


Photo source: Internet


I see myself wearing this look during the weekends or when I have an event at night and I really want to stand out.

Okay, enough talk! See the pictorial and other products used below: 

With my foundation routine and brows already done, I applied an eyeshadow base all over my lids.

Going in with my one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes, I applied a metallic purple/wine shade to my crease as a crease/transition colour with a blending brush from Kuddy Cosmetics.

Then, I gently applied a light satin pink shade from the same palette to my lids using a flat shading brush.


Top to Bottom: Blended both colours to remove any harsh lines, applied kajal into my waterline and drew a slim line above my lids with a liquid eyeliner.

Using my favourite mascara at the moment, I applied two coats to my natural lashes.


Applied my falsies using Red Cherry Lashes in 747S. Love it because it does not look extremely fake.

Continuing with my face, I applied a bright pink blush to the apples of my cheeks with the Real Techniques Blush Brush.

Next, I used a fan brush from Elf Cosmetics to apply highlighter to my cheekbones. Love it.


For the lips, I lined them first with a deep purple liner from L.A Girl Cosmetics.


And applied the lip stain on both lips using three coats.

Finished off with powder and voila...

Finished Look









Review 
  • What I like about this product is the LED light attached to the cover which you can use at night or when you're in a dark place and you need to touch up your lips. 
  • There is also a small mirror attached to one side of the product. 
  • It is a completely matte lip stain, so if you are not a fan of matte lip products, you may not really dig it.
  • People complain about this product being very difficult to apply but I didn't really notice. Using a lip liner first definitely helped. Be sure to always moisturize your lips with a good lip balm before applying.
  • Once it has dried on your lips, you can't afford to smack your lips together as this will ruin the whole thing. Make sure to put a generous amount on each lip separately.
  • Taking the lip stain off is a bit of a chore. Even using wipes, you have to tug hard. 
  • The price is very friendly.


Brows
Random brown pencil


Face
Natural Collection Foundation in Medium- £1.60
LA Girl HD Pro Concealer in Warm Honey- NGN1,000
  Black Opal face powder in Medium 02- NGN1,000
Sleek Pressed Powder in Biscuit- NGN2,600 from Casabella, Silverbird Galleria-Abuja.
  Sleek blush in Flamingo- NGN1,500. Check any Sleek Studio outlet.
Elf Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls- NGN1,500. Click here

Eyes
Jordana Eyeshadow base- NGN800
Sleek Storm Eyeshadow Palette- NGN2,500. Check any Sleek Studio outlet.
The Color Workshop Eyeliner- Gifted
Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara- £7.19
  Red Cherry Lashes in 747S- NGN1,250. Click here

Lips
L.A Girl Endless Eyeliner in Deep Plum (used as a lip liner)-NGN800. From Sahad Stores, Abuja.
Sleek Flash A Pout Lip stain in Duke- NGN1,700. Check any Sleek Studio near you or Click here


Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
 

All personal photographs and pictorials are owned by www.thestylecheapskate.blogspot.com (Water marked or not……Except otherwise stated) and they may NOT be used in any way without prior consent of the author. Legal actions would be taken.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. luh luh luh....wish I could wear makeup this flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. You can and you will. Keep practising, I'm watching you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me I love it, I have always loved dark purple been using d black up maybe I will try dis sleek... Gorg Make up
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hun.
    Yea dear. As long as you can make it work for you, its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And she played with my fav colour!!!!! Matte is so sexy! Love this love!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know right? I'm glad you like it dear. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brows on fleek! Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Can I just be you already? You're a make-up genius :-)

    http://juanamaua.blohspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love this look

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!