SAVE OR SPLURGE: JORDANA 2-IN-1 CONCEALER & FOUNDATION VS MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE PORELESS FOUNDATION

13:11



Long time no save or splurge, right? I had to do another post on this series. The last one was well received by you guys, as always and one of you asked that I do a post on affordable foundation options. Personally, I have not reached the level where I have to buy one foundation for 15,000 naira or more. No, thank you, I use good ones ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 naira.

I have been using the Maybelline Fit Me for a while now and I recently got the 2-in-1 concealer/foundation from Jordana after hearing some good reviews about it. Both are less than 5,000 naira which I think is affordable enough for a good foundation option. However, one is almost 50% more expensive than the other. Let’s see which one works best for me.


Jordana Complete Cover 2-in-1 Concealer & Foundation - NGN1,500


So, the essence of this product is to act as both a concealer and a foundation which is a brilliant idea to me. You practically may not need to stock on lone concealers anymore. I was eager to try it so off I went to search and I got the shade 'Golden Caramel'. I needed to use this a couple of times before deciding on how i felt about it. It does a good job with the coverage. Excellent maximum coverage just as promised. However I feel like this foundation is too dewy for me as I tend to get oily quickly after applying this. I always have to set it extensively with a powder so it does not crease too soon. It is a good foundation for everyday use because I really love how good the coverage is.





Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Foundation- NGN3,500


The hype about this foundation got to me and I needed to test it. Maybelline makes some of the best drugstore foundations in my opinion so I was sold on this before I even recieved it. I was disappointed at first because this product doesn't come with a pump. I mean who doesn't love the ease of pressing out foundation through a pump. Anyway, I got the shade ' Rich Tan' which is surprisingly a bit too light for me but I know how to make it work. Now this product promises a matte flawless finish and that is exactly what it does. The coverage is amazing, the product itself feels very light on the face and it dries matte without leaving your face feeling tight. I simply love how my entire makeup looks any time I use this foundation. So gorgeous! So flawless




MY VERDICT IS........... SPLURGE!

Oh yes please! Get the Fit Me Matte Poreless Foundation from Maybelline. I don't think there's any other foundation that performs this trick and goes for 3,500 naira. You can't beat the deal. You can get this on MyMakupNG but like I always advise, try to buy foundations in stores so you can get your actual shade correctly. 

What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comment section below.


Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


All personal photographs and pictorials are owned by www.thestylecheapskate.blogspot.com (Water marked or not……Except otherwise stated) and they may NOT be used in any way without prior consent of the author. Legal actions would be taken.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Wow!! This post has me feeling like you're a mind reader!! I had been using the Mary Kay matte wear foundation together with the mary kay concealer, and while its perfectly good, I got bored. My colleague in the office recommended the black opal true colour creme stick foundation, I got it and ABSOLUTELY HATED IT! dewy is an understatement, it made me oily (and orange), besides, I'm better with make up brushes than with sponges. Anyway, I've been watching makeup videos on youtube looking for an affordable yet great foundation....and here you are!!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Ify! We had basically the same experience. That means the Black Opal stick foundation is a no- go for me. The Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless is great. Just make sure you get your exact shade.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I have the Maybelline Fit Me but somehow haven't used it. :-S

    I think I'll try it this weekend

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alma, great post. Please will this foundation go well with oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. The Maybelline foundation is perfect for oily skin.

      Delete
  4. I got tired of marykay foundations recently,I think I will try this maybelline.Thanks so much dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes dear may belling is my favorite drug store product.I really love it their powder foundation is equally lovely and light weight!!! Wuld tru d liquid foundation thanks for dis post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I should try the powder too.

      Delete
  6. i personally think jordana is better. the price the quality and the fact that it is made in the us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline is made in the US too. The quality is actually better than the Jordana one, realistically speaking!

      Delete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!