MY YUMMY GOODIES: LUXURY SALAD MIX

10:02



Happy Saturday, loves! Everyone knows a salad is basically one of the healthiest things to eat but I would rather pass on having it if it consists only of the usual lettuce, cabbage and carrot. I need some more interesting things going on please! So see how I made this quick and easy healthy option for snacking.


Ingredients


Shredded chicken- NGN500 (boiled and not grilled)


Sausages- NGN350


Eggs- NGN200 (boiled and sliced)


Lettuce- NGN100


Cucumber- NGN200


Sweet corn- NGN350


Tomato-NGN150


Raisins or Dried Fruit-NGN1000


Cream- NGN500 , Sprite-NGN100 (You'll know why I love this combination soon)

Note: No cabbage or carrot, let's leave that for cole slaw. Shall we? 

Method


Get a large bowl and lay out the freshly sliced lettuce. This should always come first.


Dice the cucumber and mix with the lettuce


Wash, dice the tomatoes and mix them in.


Add the shredded chicken


Heat the sausages for a minute, slice and add into the mixture.


Mix the sliced boiled eggs


The sweet corn should go in next


And lastly soak the raisins in hot water for two minutes to make them plump before adding to the salad mix.


Mix everything in properly and serve with your favourite dressing. For mine, I just mixed some cream with a bit of Sprite.


There are a lot of other things I love to add to my salads and they include avocado and kidney beans. Your choice!


Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Sprite?!?! Really? And people say I have weird food habits :P

    I just sprinkle a little olive oil, salt and black pepper and I'm good.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loool. Yes, Sprite! Learnt the the trick from a friend. It give the cream a bit of sweetness! I love ur salad dressing options too. Will try them.

      Delete
  2. I love d look.will definitely try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Tomatoes can go off this list now too 😁 What cream did you use? I love heinz salad cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol i guess so. It was some greek dressing from Knorr. It was a bit too watery tho.

      Delete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!