SAVE OR SPLURGE: MAC ''RUBY WOO'' LIPSTICK VS MILANI MOISTURE ''MATTE ICONIC' LIPSTICK

14:12



Today’s save or splurge post is featuring the most sought after red lipstick in the beauty world. Yes, every girl and their momma have purchased the MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick not once, not twice. So, then what other brand will want to match up to this Almighty lipstick.


Mac Ruby Woo£15.00


It’s the perfect matte red lipstick with blue undertones. Always give that classic Hollywood glam look when applied. I remember when I purchased this product while vacationing in the UK, my friend practically made me get it. Despite the 15 pounds price tag, I picked it up and loved it from day one. As you can see from the photos, I’ve almost used it up.



However, I must say the formula of this lipstick is just a bit too drying. I have to use a lip balm first because it can be a chore to apply, it is completely matte as in sooo matte that it practically dries out my lips after a while. Its almost like a guilty pleasure because despite the disadvantages, it is still so beautiful.


Milani Matte Iconic Lipstick- NGN2,000


I was determined to find a less expensive dupe for MAC Ruby Woo. Haba! There just had to be something else that matched up to it. I tried a couple of red lipsticks from other brands but none of them really came close to the formula and exact shade I was looking for. Then I found the perfect matte orange lipstick from Milani which I featured some time ago as one of my favourites. Later on I found the red shade from the same matte line by Milani and I took a chance and ordered it.


I was right! This lipstick is everything. It has that perfect blue-red shade and though it is matte it glides on smoothly and keeps the lips moisturized. That dry feeling does not exist with this product. Milani Lipsticks are just soo amazing. 


And my verdict is ........SAVE!
AS UNBELIEVEABLE AS IT SOUNDS, SAVE on the MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick and get the one from MILANI instead. My goodness, you won’t believe your luck. I find myself reaching for it every time I want to wear the perfect red lipstick and I just may not be purchasing the one from MAC once I use it up.
Get my pick HERE



Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️






All personal photographs and pictorials are owned by www.thestylecheapskate.blogspot.com (Water marked or not……Except otherwise stated) and they may NOT be used in any way without prior consent of the author. Legal actions would be taken.



You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Thanks for tip will definitely try it . Love ur blog.just start following and happy to be here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Joy. Glad to have you here. Welcome to the cheapskate family.

      Delete
  2. Milani obviously looks better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never taken time to read your blog. Now that I have, I must confess I enjoyed the next door girl aura that flows from your expression. Surely, I'd save on that milani product. Thanks Alma. So, how I can read all your post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ifeoma. Wow thank you for reading. You can have access to all my posts by clicking on the 'Home' button under my blog name header.

      Delete
  4. Wow, the Milani definitely looks better, thanks Alma. BTW, which Sahad store do you make your purchases from? I went to the New store to get the Maybelline foundation you recommended in your last "save or splurge", but the racks were so empty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Sahad doesn't stock Maybelline products. Just Jordana and L.A.Girl.
      You can get more stuff at the old store tho.

      Delete
    2. Oh OK. I'll visit the old store too. thanks

      Delete
  5. LOL @ every girl and their mama... I've never bought 1 MAC lipstick! Never bought any MAC products actually. I just never got on board that train.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? All I own from them are about five lipsticks. I paused and I'll probably stay put for a long time.

      Delete
  6. Hi Alma! Thanks for this post. I have been looking for this exact shade of red. I saw it on Jumia but I had a problem ordering for some reason(Jumia is great btw, just had a problem with this order). I went hunting but didn't find it. Then I was at Grand square & I casually strolled to their makeup stand & BOOM! It was there.Did I say it was 2100Naira??! I absolutely love it.I have worn it twice now and I got compliments. I just thought it won't be fair to not let you know.lol. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!!! Really? Oh my! Grand Square stocks these??? I'm definately checking that makeup stand when next I'm there. Oh you did well to let me know. Thank you too.

      Delete
  7. I'm that girl who doesn't know the difference between a concealers duties from a foundations, now, you'll understand if I say I have never owned any Mac product. I just don't see it as money worth spending... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, i like you

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Both of them looking so good on you. I am willing to try few Milani lipsticks. I just recently did my make up lesson by makeup artist. Can you please suggest me some shades for NC40?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear. Good to know you are taking lessons! Shades of what exactly?

      Delete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!