EVENTS: THE BAILEY'S WOMEN'S TEA PARTY

09:48



Hey people. So I'm starting a new series on my blog for all events I attend that are 'blog worthy'. This was mostly suggested by my dad who has become an ardent supporter of my blog in recent times. Thanks dad.

My mum got an invitation to the Baileys Women's Tea Party in Abuja last week and one of the conditions for attending was to come along with your daughter who is above 21 years of age. Well, being that I'm way over 21, mum asked me to accompany her and mehn was I glad she did. Any opportunity to play dress up will always have my attention. Dress code was Tea party floral dresses with bold colours and I had just the dress in mind to rock. The event was aimed at celebrating mothers which was well in line with the just concluded UK Mother's Day celebration. 

 
 
My mum is the prettiest.
 First things first, thumbs up to The Wedding Guru for the exquisite and classy decor that graced the Panache Restaurant, venue of the party. Pretty flower carts, lamps, cupcakes, cookies, assorted flavours of tea and glasses of Baileys adorned the tables. The ushers also looked nice in their floral dresses. Abuja's foremost female MC, Chigul had us laughing from start to finish. The DJ dished out awesome music and fun games were played among all guests. A few of us had an opportunity to say beautiful things about our mothers, me included. That was pretty emotional. Popular artiste, Seyi Shay gave an electrifying performance towards the end of the event doing three of her hit songs Irawo, Crazy and Murda. We danced all through. She really has a down to earth personality.
In all, it was a beautiful outing. Being that I'm not a photo journalist, I didn't take as much photos as I was too busy enjoying myself. I probably would do so at the next event I attend. 
Enjoy.




CEO, The Wedding Guru, Christine Ogbeh and her mother-in-law, Mrs Obehi Ogbeh.

Seyi Shay


Chigurl and mum

Seyi's lippie had smeared a bit after performing.



My Outfit Details
Dress: Bisou Bisou by Michele Bohbot
Necklace: NGN3,000
Shoes: Shoe Republic LA
On my lips: MAC Ruby Woo

Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Woooow lovely dearie, d sky is really ur stepping stone. Thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress.....keep it up girl. we should have a bloggers day out sometime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ukponu. I appreciate it. Yup, Abuja Bloggers Day out.

      Delete
  3. The Wedding Guru28 April 2015 at 21:34

    Pictures look great and the write up is very good. well done from The Wedding Guru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your articles.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?

    Thanks!

    My web blog ชุดเดรส

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this
    website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for
    you? Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog
    and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot

    Feel free to surf to my homepage ... EdXChieng

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!