MISSY LYNN PALETTE MAKEUP + REVIEW

15:55



I have been itching to do this post. If you are into Youtube makeup videos and you don't know Missy Lynn a.k.a Start2FinishMUA, then my darling I must ask 'WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN'? I've been subscribed to Missy Lynn's channel for a while now and she is a cute black American who is in the military and is also a beauty guru. Some months ago, she teamed up with BH Cosmetics to create her own eyeshadow/highlighter palette and its been selling out fast.






Can you see the 'gorgeousness' of those highlighters with the light reflecting on them???

After watching reviews on it, I decided to get mine once it got into Nigeria. One sentence: I LOVE IT!  Six beautiful and pigmented eyeshadows and two gorgeous gold-tinted highlighters? What more can a girl ask for? Hayyyyy! You know what? Let's get into the pictorial of the makeup look I created with this palette and my review shall follow afterwards. Grab a cup of 'kunu' and relax.


As usual, I have my entire foundation and brow routine done. (Don't worry, I will do a pictorial on that very soon). I applied my concealer to my lids as a first base.


Then I placed a piece of cello-tape on the corners of my eyes to give my eyeshadow application a very defined shape.


Taking this brick orange colour, I used this all over my crease. This is such a pretty transition colour.


Using the same brush, I applied the purple shade into my outer V taking it slightly into the crease and blending as well. 


I used my NYX Jumbo pencil in milk as an additional base for my lids to make the eye-colour I'll put there pop some more.


Then going in with the more golden highlighter, I'm dabbing it gently on my lids.


Going back with my Bdellium Tools blending brush, I blended the lid and crease colours together for a gradient effect.

After taking off that piece of cello-tape, I went into my waterline with a black kajal, this one is my favourite at the moment. 


Created a little wing with this pen liner on my lashline.


Applied 2-3 coats of mascara to my natural lashes.


Then I applied my favourite false lashes from Red Cherry. 


Going back to the face, I gave it more dimension by applying bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks and the sides of my nose.


Still keeping the look a bit mauve, I went in with a brick coloured blush from Black Radiance.


Taking the rose gold highlighter from the palette, I applied it to the top of my cheekbones, my cupids bow and down the bridge of my nose.


Whoosh! Can you see that highlighter popping?? Lol. Lined my lips with a dark brick red lip liner from House of Tara.


Applied this dark vampy maroon lipstick from MAC. Finished off my face with my pressed powder and .....


voila! Finished Look








Review of the Missy Lynn Palette
  • The packaging has to be the cutest thing ever. Its so pretty, girly and really sturdy as well. The size is very portable which means its perfect for throwing into your handbag during the day or your ovenight bag for the weekend. 
  • The colour pay-off is really nice with or without a primer but then again it is advisable to use a primer to get the most out of any product.
  • The colours are pretty universal to me and would definately go well with any skin tone. Perfect for your everyday makeup looks to work and possible to switch it up at night time.
  • The highlighters come in two gorgeous shades, a gold shade and a rose-gold shade. They are just GORGEOUS. If you are a highlighter freak, this is a budget-friendly must-have.
  • The size of the eyeshadows are like no other. They are far bigger than many eyeshadows out there so you are sure of using it for a long period of time. 
  • I believe it goes for about $11.00 in the U.S but I got mine for NGN4,500 on Beauty Kink. For six eyeshadows and two highlighters, you can't beat the deal. If you know anywhere else online in Nigeria this palette can be gotten, please leave a comment below for the benefit of others.



Brows
Davis brown pencil- NGN150

Face
Zaron Face Primer- NGN3,000
Covergirl Queen Collection Foundation- NGN3,800
LA Girl HD Pro Concealer in 'Warm Honey' and 'Creamy Beige'- NGN1,000 each
  Black Opal face powder in 'Medium 02'- NGN1,000
L.A Girl Pro HD Setting Powder- NGN1,800
  Black Radiance Blush in 'Toasted Almond'- NGN800
Milani Baked Bronzer in '06 Golden'- NGN2,200
Highlighter from the Missy Lynn Palette



Eyes
LA Girl HD Pro Concealer in 'Warm Honey'-NGN1,000
NYX Jumbo Pencil in 'Milk'- NGN1,600. Get here
BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette- NGN4,500.
Maybelline Colossal Kajal- NGN400 here
L.A Girl Mark my Eyes Eyeliner- NGN950
Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara- £6.00. Get here
  Red Cherry Lashes in '747S'- NGN1,250. Click here

Lips
Tara Lip Pencil in 'Ashanti'- NGN1,000. More affordable here
MAC Lipstick in 'Diva'- NGN3,800. Get here



Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️





You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Love the look. Have to get my hands on that palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in that palette! You look gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with How I Style It!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Its a really nice palette tho.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Love the look. Plus the pictorial was very helpful.

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're gorgeous with and without makeup , but that makeup you created is to die for. I love it!
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your make up is so on point! Can you come and do my make up too.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I would have loved to. Thank you dear.

      Delete
  6. Gosh! I love that eyeshadow palette. I am also using the same mascara - love it!!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you do!! Its pretty and oh, the Maybelline mascara is all shades of amazing. Glad you like it.

      Delete
  7. Great tutorial! that palette is gorgeous

    Adaora
    www.always-becoming.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful look!been lazy to do my review on the palette.Got it about 3 weeks ago but i love the highlighters a lot!
    www.cheecheelive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I am just seeing this comment. Glad you love it, i am looking forward to your review.

      Delete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!