KIMONO PERFECTO

14:43



I was going through my old blog posts a few days ago and I realized how far I have grown as a blogger. Things have changed, my style has evolved, photos are better and my content has improved. I love it when people tell me they can relate to my blog and my 'girl next door' style of writing. That has always been my aim.
It also reminded me of a nasty comment I got on one of my very first blog posts in 2014. The 'anonymous' person called me a 'learner' and said my clothes and makeup were too cheap-looking and I should go and learn work from some particular bloggers (names withheld). See my life. I remember feeling very bad because number one I knew this person was a woman like me and two, all I needed at that time was encouragement and not tongue-lashing. That comment was enough to put me down and make me delete my blog. I mean I wasn't prepared for the cold world of negative critics, right? But no, I didn't. I replied the person with a piece of my mind and forged ahead, I wasn't going to give up that easily. And yes that was the beginning of changing my blog comment settings to moderation where I have to view your comment first before publishing. Till today, that comment is still there. I didn't delete it so that I could revisit it and remind myself about how much I have grown. Whoever that person is, all I can say today is 'LOOK AT ME NOW'! Never give up, guys! It doesn't matter the area of your life you are meeting challenges, just never give up!


I'm wearing this lovely chiffon printed kimono from FashionMia . For me style is versatility, so I love that I can wear this over a t-shirt and jeans, a fitted dress or a top and skirt just like this post. Accessories are everything so I pumped in as many as I could. White court shoes to match my top, my chunky necklace from Forever 21 and these gorgeous shades my brother gave me as a birthday gift recently. They are from Splash Accessories in Dubai. If you are a regular Dubai traveler, you should know them. I hear they are just as affordable as Primark. For this look, vampy lips was inevitable, it murdered the look. Lol.










Kimono: FashionMia- Get here , similar here
Top: Jumia- Similar here
Skirt: Evita- Similar here
Shoes: The Shoe Shop- NGN7,000. Get here
Necklace: Forever 21. Similar here
Bag: Viviq- NGN9,000. Similar here
Sunglasses: Splash Accessories.
On my lips: BM Pro Long Lasting Lipgloss in 'Legendary'


Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️










You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Keep it going Gurlll. Just never give up!!!Keep it going Gurlll. Just never give up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten a couple of dresses from fashionmia and I didn't like 1 out of 4 of them because it was short.

    As for negativity, if all you get are praises, you won't grow. I don't think I like the black lipstick but that's me. The essence of the blog is to pick things I like (which are much by the way) and rock them....

    How far with our "learner" makeup video jare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Dera.sorry about the short dress. The lipstick is dark purple not black biko. Your video shall come soon oo.

      Delete
  3. i felt really bad after reading your first paragraph. some people are just ever ready to bring down the efforts of someone else, didnt the troll read the name of the blog? the most important thing i have learned from your blog is "you dont have to rob a bank to look gorgeous". i am in love with this your bag o, abeg gift me na!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. Thank you jor. I'm glad I inspire people like you. Me too, i like the bag. How will we do it?hehehehe.

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful look! Love the kimono, and how you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alma! Really missed your blog. You're looking gorgeous as ever. As for negative comments, I take them as challenges and put in more effort to prove to MYSELF that I am capable of the best and more. That's exactly what you did and LOOK AT YOU NOW! I was going through all I missed on the blog and read about how you quit your job to start your own business and I must say it was soooo inspiring. Thanks for sharing. The best of the best is yet to come.

    evitainprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. It shaped me up real good. Yea, a lot has gone down on the blog gurl, where have you been? Lol.

      Delete
  6. To that 'anonymous' person, "see ya life?? ;-P" loool, keep rocking Alma, haters will keep hating. Oh and that Kimono is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning look. I have been contacted from FashionMia like crazy to collaborate but never knew how well their pieces turned out. You are rocking this look though.
    Rachel xo
    www.garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they have nice items, Rachel. Check them out.

      Delete
  8. The handbag is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so into the Kimono trend and you slayed this!
    Love the styling with a skirt rather than the usual pants n kimono combo.

    I've also been criticized about my blogging and told my outfits were too cheap. Twas disheartening but like u i forged on.
    Look at me now still rocking N200 dresses and slaying in their faces! Loll!

    We can only get better. Here's to greater growth as bloggers! 🍾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaaas that 200 naira dress on point. Lol, i'm glad these experiences made us all stronger! To greater growth! And thanks for the compliments dear

      Delete
  10. It always boggles me that some people can be so mean on the internet. I am glad you are blogging and sharing your wonderful style!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. Its mind boggling o yea! Thank you.

      Delete
  11. *trying very hard to not boil over such an insensitive comment* You know what, it's in the past and you handled it well, so I'll drop my Voltron-mode.

    I'm going to buy chiffon one of these days and make a kimono.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Berry I boiled o! I won't even lie. Thanks dear. Oh you just gave me an idea about making my own kimono. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  12. Great kimono. Love the way you styled it

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!