HERE IS TO NEW BEGINNINGS 🎉

13:40

Now I’m not here to bore you with loads of new year, new me resolutions etc. Lol, who is else is sick of people making resolutions they don’t intend to keep? That being said, Happy New Year guys and a big welcome to 2018!! We made it! Celebrating the New Year means so much to me because I can’t help but be thankful that I made it alive, hale and hearty. Many people who started 2017 didn’t get to see the end of it but yet, here we are. To be honest, 2017 wasn’t one of the best years in my life. I didn’t have the best of health, setbacks here and there, milestones that I was hoping for didn’t just happen for me personally. But guess what??? My family as a whole had amazing testimonies and above all the gift of life is enough reason to still give glory to God. So here is to keeping the faith and hoping for better things and new beginnings in 2018. Its going to be a fantastic year!

Big thanks to my husband, Jesse for literally taking charge of editing my blog photos from mid last year. Before then, he usually shoots and I did basic editing on my computer but he has since become a self taught Lightroom and Photoshop expert. As you can tell my photos greatly improved and hence the blog improved too. Even with the kpangolo camera I’m still using (yes, I haven’t upgraded my camera yet) he still does wonders with the photos. Hopefully this year, we get to upgrade my entire blogging equipment. Fingers crossed. 
This year, I also intend to put out one video per week on my YouTube channel, it is a huge commitment but I’m willing to try. Also looking forward to working with more Nigerian brands this year. My advocacy for Naija brands took a different route last year and gathered more awareness which made me super happy. You can view them here. In all, I’ll be thinking outside the box to create better content for you guys this year. Thank you all for your support in 2017 and I hope you stick with me in 2018! Stay tuned to the blog and Subscribe to my YouTube channel here
My outfit is such a cute one from the Naija brand, House of Simona. I styled a lot of pieces from them last year, check them out here. I love the ruffled chiffon part down below the dress and the hi-low effect its got on the sides, so flirty. The colours speak to me and the fit and comfort of the dress is so cute. Styled with simple gold sandals and a black/gold mini bag made it look extra chic. Y'all know how affordable outfits from House of Simona are so be sure to check them out. By the way, I'm sooo in love with these photos, my darling killed it as usual.





What do love most about this shoot??? The location, the outfit, the hair or basically everything?? Let me know down below. 

Dress: House of Simona- Get here
Shoes: TNL- Similar here
Bag: River Island- Similar here
Sunnies: SammyDress- Similar here
Hair: Kukky Glam Hairs- Get here
On my lips: L.A Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in 'Obsess'. Get here

Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. All these brands, they aren't in Lagos?
    This style is my kind of thing, free and classy.
    You are a very beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can send to you in Lagos na! Awww thank you dear.

      Delete
  2. I love your spirit, your can do attitude! You know and I know you are a beautiful woman but you exude a positive let's get it done and don't worry about the past or negative things. With that said, your outfit is gorgeous. I love the ruffle hem details and the print on your dress is simply beautiful. Happy 2018!

    www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sooo much Maureen. Really appreciate this. So thoughtful.

      Delete
  3. These photos are gorgeous and you look stunning!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hot girl! I cannot get over your hair. It is gorgeous and fierce! I love the red lipstick and that dress!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaahhh! Love that hair though. Thank you so much Ruth.

      Delete
  5. Well I'm glad I found you. You look lovely and I love that dress on you. Are you in the States or Nigeria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Nylse. Thank you for joining the family, I’m in Nigeria.

      Delete
  6. Alma, such a well-written post. You are right, we should be happy about what we have and for those of us who made it. And no matter what camera you use girl, you are a stunning model and your husband is a great photographer and editor. He did a great job. I love the location, poses and outfit head to toe. Especially the dress with the swirly-like roses which makes it perfect for upcoming Valentine's day, too. Cannot wait to see more from you in 2018!

    Thank you so much for joining my linkup before. I always look forward to seeing your outfits so welcome by and join this week's Thursday Moda with your fab style! Thanks and Happy 2018!!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2018/01/thursday-moda-96-currently-january-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear. Thank you for always checking me out. I appreciate all your kind words and compliments. Thank you again.

      Delete
  7. The location is lit and fashion ensmbles so on point. Gorgeous and stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!