SAVE OR SPLURGE: ZARON FACE PRIMER VS NIVEA MEN'S AFTER SHAVE BALM

15:36



Hey guys! Oh, how I would love to buy the crazy expensive primers the makeup world boasts about from top brands like Becca, Smashbox etc. But please, we need to cut our coat according to our cloth abeg! So, I remember getting a request on Instagram to do a review on the Zaron Face Primer. Today is the day but instead of just a review, I decided to add it to my save or splurge series by comparing it to the Nivea Men's After-shave Balm. Yes you read that correctly. if you haven't heard that the latter is used as a primer, where have you been? Anyway, let's compare both products and I'll let you know which one I think is totally worth it.


Zaron Face Primer-NGN3,500



I have actually used this product for a long time now but I just didn't get around to doing a post on it. I love Zaron products, I really do. They are of such great quality. I expected so much from their face primer but it is just so basic. It is silicone-based so it has a clear transparent look. It also has that velvet smooth texture so your foundation glides on flawlessly.


However, there is a 'but'. I don't like the way my face looks during the day or at the end of the day when I use this. It is not mattifying and doesn't guarantee my makeup stays put all day. In a day, I may need to touch up with powder twice so I don't resemble a glowing ball.




Nivea Men's After Shave Balm- NGN1,000


When I started hearing that this product was making waves as the next best primer, I stuck up my nose and I doubted it. How can such a basic product do the job right? Apparently it contains glycerin which basically all other primers in the world have. Well, I thought to try it out to satisfy my curiosity and I wasn't in a hurry to give it praises. Over and over again, it has surprised me.


The product is cloudy and a bit watery so you have to be careful not to apply too much. The trick is to allow it dry completely before applying your foundation. I only have to touch up, if at all, just once during the day. Infact one time, I didn't touch up my face throughout and I was impressed at how my makeup looked at the end of the day like I had just applied it. Seriously, its good.



MY VERDICT IS ...... SAVE!
I'm so sure you knew I would say this. The Nivea After-Shave Balm is sold in every supermarket out there and what's more, it does the job well enough. Until you can afford to spend thousands of naira on high-end primers, this can be a permanent gem in your makeup kit!



Subscribe to my blog by clicking the 'Follow' button on the right side of my homepage. You will never miss a new post. Also subscribe to my brand new YouTube channel by clicking the 'Youtube' tab at the top of my home page.

Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Thank you for this post Alma! I have primer issues, been using the Loreal Infallible one for a while now and to be honest it's disappointing. My experience is same with the Zaron one you have, feels velvety smooth but does not actually stop the shine. I have tried the Nivea post-shave balm just once and didn't really think too much of it. Willing to give it a try again as I am not ready to splurge on the Becca or Benefit ones I have heard wonderful things about...

    inmyloopblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing with me. Haven't been able to see an affordable primer that does the job perfectly. Try the Nivea product again and I hope you have good things to say about it soon.

      Delete
  2. Yaaaayy!
    I've been wanting to get this Nivea After-Shave Balm, but still a lil sceptical.
    This review just convinced me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now?!
    You are doing this now? Few weeks after I paid 3500 for my Tara primer?
    I don't even know if it's good or not, I don't know what to expect but I always touch up my powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chai. Dera sorry o! I should have had this up sooner. Lol, please just finish up your Tara primer and then get my pick. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Hello Alma....I use Classic mattifying primer with spf. I still need to do touch ups though but I like the way it rests on my skin...


    She blogs via http://www.rideedy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! My sister uses that primer and she says its okay. Maybe I'll try it.

      Delete
  5. I've used the Zaron primer as well, but still need to touch up during the day. I really need to find a good MATTIFYING primer!

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Berry! Your best bet will be to invest in the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer. It should be half the price over there for you!

      Delete
  6. Hi Alma!! Yay! My favourite series in your blog, "save or splurge" and its always a bonus when the verdict is "Save" loool
    I use mary kay primer. To be honest, I just apply it as 'part of the steps for making up', I don't notice any extra benefit compared to when I make up without primer.
    So I'm all for trying this aftershave option, thanks Alma!!
    and by the way, I have never heard that people were using this in place of primer o, where have I been biko?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so tying this nivea thing as primeer...mine is one of the 'oiliest' faces on earth...and I totally agree with your verdict on zaron primer...it did me no good...total waste of money. I had to give it out to a friend who didn't have an oily face at all.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!