THAT 80'S ANKARA WRAP DRESS

13:42

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you view my look in the cover photo above??? I'll give you a while to think about it......Well, for me, it screams 1980's VIBE!!!!! Whaaaat??? The hair, the shades, the dress with the puffy sleeves. Every single thing! I'm bursting with excitement and couldn't wait to share this look with you guys. With that being said, hope you are all doing well. Thank you for coming back to my blog today, you guys are simply amazing and you make this all worthwhile!
When I first tried on this gorgeous ankara print dress from SGTC Clothing, it wasn't love at first sight for me. It was sooo big and I began to wonder if two sizes down would have fitted me better but I really loved the print and I was determined to rock the dress no matter what. So one day, while 'Obioma' (roadside mobile tailor) was passing by my house, I took the opportunity to work on the dress. I had the entire dress re-sized a bit and when I tried it on again, I totally loved it. I have spoken about the brand, SGTC Clothing twice already here and here and I am completely obsessed with them.
I recently went back to my big hair at least until I can decide on what to do with my hair next. I really missed this look. I paired this dress with an ankara bag from The 5k Shop, I loved how both prints looked together. I also added my statement shades and gold sandals. Totally in love with this look! I literally look like my mum when she was my age in the 80's and it is also kind of giving me 'Wakanda' thrills, or maybe I'm just being tooo extra. Lol!


Will you have the confidence to pull off this African old skool look???? Let me know in the comment section and if you are interested in this dress, don't forget to tell SGTC Clothing that Alma sent you!!


STEAL MY LOOK
Dress: SGTC Clothing- NGN12,000. Get here
Shoes: TNL. Similar here
Bag: The 5k Shop. Get here
Sunnies: SammyDress. Similar here

Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is such a fun dress! I love the bright colors and the fit is perfect! Your hair is stunning!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much Ruth. Wondering if you could try African fashion too!

      Delete
  2. Maison_loulabelle6 April 2018 at 10:28

    For some divinely inspired reason, i just stumbled on your page and oh lawd am I in love. Funny i had been cracking my brain about what to were to an award ceremony where the dress code is "old school African" you literally just solved my problem! You are my new cyber bestie😘. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you for stopping by and I'm so glad I could help and inspire!!! Thank you soo much again.

      Delete
  3. Nice and perfect looking outfit..

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!