REVIEW: NYX STROBE OF GENIUS ILLUMINATING PALETTE

14:04

Hey beauty lovers! Time for a product review and this one is all about the Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette from NYX Cosmetics. I mentioned this product in my last haul video so if you missed it please watch it here . From the way I spoke about this palette, I'm sure you may be able to guess how this review will go. But come on, let's go, let's get reviewing.

As you must have guessed, this is a highlighter palette with seven different shades. Yes you heard me, SEVEN shades. I don't own any of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits (There are a gazillion of them right now by the way) but I can say that the colour selection in this palette from NYX is very similar to the very recent releases from ABH. My opinion!

Here are the swatches below.

Top Row (Smaller Pans):

From L-R:  Yellow Gold with shimmer, Cool Pink with silver shimmer, Light Lavender with shimmer and Pale pink with shimmer.


Bottom Row (Larger Pans):

From L-R: Light gold with peach undertones/shimmer, Bronze with golden pink shimmer and True champagne with shimmer.


My Honest Review
I am completely sold on this palette. It is so beautiful and the highlighters are very smooth. They are not powdery or filled with chunks of glitter. They apply very nicely with a fan brush but even better with a detailed brush. The colours are also very build-able depending on the intensity you want. Sometimes I am confused on what shades to use with different make up looks since I have about seven shades to choose from. So I tend to mix shades for more unique looks. I think the colours in this palette will look fantastic on many skin tones because there is truly something for everyone.. If you are a beginner just getting into highlighters, a palette like this is worth your while instead of purchasing single highlighters for more expensive prices. You have the opportunity of mixing and matching shades all the time. The packaging is also quite nice and sturdy, perfect for travelling.
This palette goes for £16.00 on ASOS, Unfortunately, I'm not sure where you can get this in Nigeria.


In all, I am super impressed with this palette, NYX did a fantastic job with this one and I would totally recommend it.😃

You can get this palette here 

Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. From these swatches, I predict that the colour in the middle big pan will be the first to finish. lol
    All the colours are nice and pigmented but that one looks extra extra good on your skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really love that shade. Too gorgeous!

      Delete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!