ANKARA BURST OF COLOURS

14:27

Heyyy my fine people! You all need to wear your sunglasses to view this post o! Can you see all the bright colours staring at you? As you know, ankara prints are some of my favourite things to wear. It doesn't matter what style you make with them, those colours and patterns will always stand out. For my international readers, 'ankara' is a popular fabric/material here in Nigeria and in many parts of Africa. We make all kinds of clothing with them and even more recently accessories like the bag and bracelet I am rocking in this post.

I am practically drenched in head to toe 'Nigerian Brands'. INCREDIBLE!!!
 This pretty mini ankara dress is from the Nigerian brand, House of Simona. I spoke about this affordable brand in a post here . It is such a simple yet vibrant dress and you can dress it down with flat sandals for a casual look or dress it up with heels just like I did. In true House of Simona fashion, you can get this beauty for only NGN5,000. Amazing right? If you own a vibrant fabric and want to make this same style, you will be paying less than that. This brand is life!! 

I wanted the entire look to scream 'WILD WILD WILD ANKARA COLOURS' so I went with my ankara bag from The 5k shop which I styled previously here . Also a Nigerian brand and very affordable! My coral pumps from The Shoe Shop Nigeria also complimented the look nicely. Ankara shoes would have just taken it too far. Lol! Not like I own any though. I also added a red makeshift turban with a brooch and if you look closely you will notice another ankara item- my bangle/bracelet from Luverdi, yet another Nigerian brand.. 







This look was very afrocentric and I am hopelessly in love with it. Do you love it too? Tell me all about it in the comment section below. See you soon! 

Dress: House of Simona- NGN5,000. Get here
Shoes: The Shoe Shop- NGN8,500. Get here
Bag: The 5k Shop- NGN5,000. Get here
Ankara Bracelet: Luverdi. Get here
On my lips: Beauty by AD Liquid Lipstick in 'Belle'. Get here


Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up to the Top of the World Style linkup party. I love this colorful outfit. Cute look, great dress, great styling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great splash of colors!! You look fab!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/blushing-in-one-shoulder-top/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your dress! The colours and style is so vibrant and beautiful. The accessories are great too-especially the bag! XXX Sasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! Very colourful look indeed!

      Delete
  4. Loving your fun style! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful bright outfit! Love the brooch or pin styled as you did.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking stunning.I think this is one of the most beautiful african inspired dress i have ever seen.
    Nadim


    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!