MAKEUP POST: MY CLASSIC NIGHT LOOK

15:32



Most times when I have an event or outing at night, I go for one particular look. Champagne gold eyes and bright red lips. It always works for me, its really simple and I'm sure it would look good on just about anyone. I also used dramatic lashes to achieve a 'wow' effect. Being that Valentine's Day is a few days away, this would be perfect for date night with that special one.
I've added something new to my makeup posts by using pictorials which provide a step by step way of getting the look right. Maybe one day I will graduate to making video tutorials but right now lets start with this. I'm sure the pictures will work for you just fine. Also, check out details of all products used below but bear in mind you can always make do with products you already own. There are a bunch of online makeup stores now. My favourites are Beauty Boon and Beauty Kink.

Let's get started!

I started off by moisturizing my face and blending in my foundation with an Elf Powder brush


Using a combination of two concealers, I highlighted and covered up under my eyes, bridge of my nose and forehead.


Blended out concealer with a beauty blender and set concealed areas of my face with a foundation brush and loose powder.


Filled in my brows with a brown pencil and used an small angled brush to smudge the two ends for a natural look.



Using my fingers, I applied an eyeshadow base all over my lids.


Then taking a matte brown shade from the Sleek Storm Palette (where the brush is pointing), I applied it all over my crease using a blending brush. This serves as my transition colour.


Taking a very pigmented coffee brown eyeshadow, I applied this to the outer-V corners of my eyes using the same brush and blending out at the same time.


Applied a creamy base on my lids to make the colour I'll apply there pop out more.


Next, using a flat brush, I applied a nice champagne gold eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Palette on top of the creamy base. I also gently took it into my tear duct area.

Blended everything out with a bigger blending brush from Bdellium, applied kajal in my waterline and applied liquid eyeliner on my lash line.


Then I used mascara to bring out my my natural eyelashes a bit before applying my false eyelashes.


With that, the eyes are all done! I love how lashes just change your look dramatically.


Next, with a Real Techniques Blush brush, I applied a combination of the two blushes in the palette above on my cheeks.


And then using an Elf Fan brush, I applied a pretty highlighter to my cheek bones for a dewy look.


For my lips, I went with a red lip pencil from Zaron and a classic red lipstick, MAC Ruby Woo.

I finished off with a pressed powder using a big fluffy powder brush.


Finished Look






Hope you guys liked the pictorial. Let me know if you did in the comment section below. And just incase you do use this look on Valentine's Day, I'll be glad to receive a photo from you. Please send to almaspice@gmail.com.

Brows
Random brown pencil


Face
Natural Collection Foundation in Medium- £1.60
17 Stay Time 18-hour Concealer- £6.75 (purchased from Boots)
LA Girl HD Pro Concealer in Warm Honey- NGN1,000
  Black Opal face powder in Medium 02- NGN1,000
Sleek Pressed Powder in Biscuit- NGN2,600
  Zaron Duo blush in Paire- NGN1,800 
Elf Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls- NGN1,500

Eyes
Jordana Eye Primer- NGN800
NYX Jumbo pencil in milk- NGN1,600
Sleek Storm Eyeshadow Palette- NGN2,500
Milani Baked Eyeshadow in Rich Java- Gifted
The Color Workshop Eyeliner- Gifted
Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara- £7.19 (purchased from Boots, you can find this on Jumia as well)
Ardell Double Up Lashes in 203- NGN626 on sale at Jumia.

Lips
Zaron Lip Pencil in Red Vines-NGN800
MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick- £12.00/ NGN3,800


Thanks for stopping by..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
 

All personal photographs and pictorials are owned by www.thestylecheapskate.blogspot.com (Water marked or not……Except otherwise stated) and they may NOT be used in any way without prior consent of the author. Legal actions would be taken.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Oh wow!!! Okay now this is a great post with an amazing look. I love it bae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, very pro, you look knock out

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my best look of you...You are PERFECTION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything on fleek..lol. Great look. Don't think I can reproduce it though..lol.

    Very pretty. Well done! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. I'm sure you can. Practice makes perfect.

      Delete

Please drop your comments here. I love hearing from you! Also, tick the 'Notify Me' box if you want to be notified when I reply your message!